Friday, April 8, 2011

April Meal Plan #2

This week's meal plan is a little abbreviated, as we are going on a mini holiday.

Week 2 Meal Plan:
8 - Pizza
9 - Away
10 - Away
11 - Away
12 - Away
13 - Macaroni  (needed something to make without having to get any groceries)
14 - Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Berry Sauce*, Veggies

*Will share these recipes

I also still owe you my yorkshire pop-over recipe.   It is coming tomorrow!  

As a rule with my meal plans, I try to plan for this schedule, but life happens, some days I have a more time consuming recipe on a day where my afternoon was crazy busy, etc, so I rearrange my schedule as the week goes on, based on life happenings.

For example... last week this is how is turned out:

1 - Baked Chicken, Mashed Potatoes, Cauliflower   (had waffles with berry sauce)
2 - Waffles, Berry Sauce (had spaghetti and meat sauce, salad)
3 - Roast Beef, roasted potatoes and carrots, corn, yorkshire pop-overs*, salad (had meal from 1st)
4 - Spaghetti, meat sauce, salad (Beef Enchilada Casserole, salad)
5 - Beef Enchilada Casserole*, Salad (Leftovers)
6 - Chicken Curry*, Rice, Naan Bread, Salad (had meal from 3rd)
7 - Pizza (had leftovers)

So as you can see, I rearranged it based on our week... I still had every dish (with the exception of pizza), just in a different order.    Pizza got postponed, as I had some more leftovers that needed to be used up, and I figured Pizza would be good tonight, as we could take the left overs as our lunch for on the road on Saturday.

Just because you meal plan, doesn't mean you can't be flexible.   Often we end up on a playdate for an afternoon when we have a more labour intensive meal planned, but that's easy to rearrange.   As long as I pay attention to the meats and vegetables I have in the fridge, and make sure that meal comes before they begin to spoil, it's all good! :)

With baby #2 on the way, I've also been doubling a lot of my recipes lately, and stocking up the freezer.   I made 2 beef enchilada casseroles this week.   Week 3's meal plan is going to be fun, as there's several new recipes in it... looking forward to it!   For this week, since I won't be posting many recipes from the meal plan, I'll work on moving some of my favorite recipes over from my old blog (mostly desserts and goodies.... my specialties).  I've always been a "baker" not a cook....  I'm working on the cooking skills...slowly!

No comments:

Post a Comment