Monday, July 9, 2012

Hot Cocoa

P1030719

It was a snowy day, in the middle of May, when I made this hot cocoa. I had just received my new Vitamix, and wanted to try a new recipe. Here is the recipe I used:

Hot Cocoa
3 ounces baking cocoa (approx. 3/4 cup)
1.5 cups water
1/3 cup sugar
4.5 cups milk

I put the ingredient in order in my Vitamix (you could just heat these ingredients in a pot on the stovetop, I just wanted to try the heating feature on my Vitamix). I turned it on, and let it go on high until it was steaming and hot.

______

This cocoa was delicious!! Not too sweet (but sweet enough for the 3 year old), rich chocolate flavour, and nice and frothy! It could easily be adapted to different flavourings too!

Paired in the photo with some of Auntie Sharon's Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment