Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bucket list

I have a bucket list for 2013.   Most are items I want to make from scratch!   I've taken a step back from my crochet/sewing business, so that I have more time with my kids, and more time to try new things, and create (without pressure).  

I'm so excited about it!   So many things I've been meaning to do for years, and never getting to.  This freedom also allows us to do more whole foods as a family, as we have time to make things from scratch.

Here is just a few of the things I'd like to make (or make on a more regular basis):

-butter (done before, but want to do more often)

-buns and bread (just want to make more often)

-mozzarella cheese (made this last week… post to come)

-ricotta cheese

-tortillas

-beans (instead of using canned)

-can pickles

-jam

-can peaches

-salsa

-mayo

-peanut butter

-cottage cheese

-cheese curds

-fresh pasta

 

…..  that is just some of my list….   but keep an eye on this blog, as I'll be updating it as I do things.  Hopefully I can tackle most of it before baby arrives!

 I'll hopefully have my butter post up tomorrow….   since I made it on Saturday again, and took pictures!   I just wanted to do a cost comparison, before getting it posted.

As far as other cooking/baking I plan to do.    I've been challenged to do a week of muffin tins…..   breakfast, lunch and dinner all prepped in muffin tins.    I'm going to spend a few weeks prepping and brainstorming for this exercise, but I think it will be fun!  :)   Ideas so far are individual lasagnas, mini meat loaves… etc.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment