Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January 2013

I can't believe how busy the last half of 2012 was.   I feel like I can finally breathe again!

I finished up my January meal plan a couple of days ago.... and got my groceries this morning (just a milk/produce pick up mid-month).

Can you believe it's 2013???    Crazy!!

This month we don't have much going on in the evenings, so I had a lot of freedom in my planning.   We do have a vegetarian house guest the last week of the month though, so I did factor that in when planning, as well as travel (eat out) days.  I also want to use some of that meat had has moved towards the bottom of the freezer.   I try to do that every 6 months or so, so nothing gets too old in there (saves on the grocery bill for a month too).  Due to changes in our Christmas plans, I didn't end up cooking Christmas day, so we are now having a turkey dinner this month (I cannot wait!)

 

January Meal Plan:

1- Baked Salmon, Rice, Broccoli

2- Cabbage Rolls, Spaetzle, Sausage, Salad (husband is cooking)

3 - Beef Stew*, Buns

4 - Shepherd's Pie*, Salad

5 - Beef & Broccoli**, Rice

 

6 - Belgian Waffles, Fruit

7 - Steak, Roasted Potatoes and Carrots*, Salad

8 - Pork Chops, Broccoli and Rice Casserole*, Salad

9 - Chicken Stir Fry, Rice

10 - Spinach Lasagna Rolls, Salad

11 - Homemade Pizza*, Raw Veggies

12 - Turkey Sausages, Eggs, Homemade Hashbrowns, Toast

13 - Roast Beef, Yorkshire Puddings*, Roasted Carrots and Potatoes, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy, Corn

14 - Cheese Ravioli, Raw Veggies

15 - Beef on a Bun, Raw Veggies, Asian Coleslaw**

 

16 - Baked Butter Chicken, RIce, Stir Fry Veggies

17 - Balsamic Pork Loin*, Mashed Potatoes, Broccoli

18 - Burgers, Fries, Raw Veggies

19 - Fish, Dill Sauce*, Rice, Asparagus or Broccoli

20 - Turkey, Mashed Potatoes, Carrots, Corn, Broccoli Divine*, Yorkshire Puddings, Gravy, Cranberry Sauce

21 - Leftovers

22 - Turkey and Rice Casserole*, Salad

23 - Beef Stew, Buns, Salad

24 - Leftovers

25 - ~Dinner out~

26 - Tuna Pasta, Peas

27 - Stirfry, Rice

28 - Homemade Pizza, Raw Veggies

29 - Supreme Green Spaghetti, Salad

30 - Homemade Soup*, Buns, Raw Veggies

31 - ~Take Out~

 

*Recipe to share

**Trying new recipe... will share

No comments:

Post a Comment