Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken

I saw this recipe on Pinterest, and knew it was perfect for me. First, I always forget to take my meats out to thaw, second, chicken and balack beans are 2 of my favorite ingredients in a dish. The simple dump it in and turn it on instructions are also great for me these days... no chopping, or any other prepping.




Cream Cheese Crock Pot Chicken
4 frozen chicken breasts
brick of cream cheese
can of black beans, drained
can of corn, drained
can of diced tomatoes w/ green chilis (mine was diced tomatoes with red peppers)

Put chicken in bottom of pot, and dump everything else on top!
Cook on low for 6-8 hours, stirring every 2 hours or so. I shredded my chicken at 6 hours, and let it stay on warm until dinnertime. (Doesn't look that appetizing in the pot.... must say)

P1010057

Great served with rice! We enjoyed this recipe, i ended up adding about 3/4 cup of salsa to give it a bit more flavour (could potentially replace the diced tomatoes with the equivalent in salsa next time), and it was yummy.

With the leftovers, I mixed in a bit of cheeze whiz and more salsa and we dipped multigrain tortilla chips in it. Then with another batch of the left overs we put it in our grilled cheese sandwiches, like a panini (I think this was my favourite way of all 3 to eat it!)

P1010061

No comments:

Post a Comment